About Me

My photo
Attempting to see the humor in every day.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Three Hundred & Sixtyfive

Today is the last day of the first year of my marriage. From day one it has been one hell of a roller coaster ride. There were times when, I'm not gonna lie, I thought we'd never get here, but through the ups, downs, and loopty loops we came on. Somedays we skipped and some days we trudged! We yelled. We laughed. We fought and made up. We kissed. We cried. We almost walked out. Somehow we made it work. In good times and bad, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer, as long as we both shall live? Who's the smart ass that came up with those "traditional" vows of matrimony. I mean, seriously, what twitterpated bride or groom really comprehends what they're saying when they're promising to love, honor, and cherish a virtual stranger! You think you know, but you have no idea. Do I regret getting married? On my worst days, when I'm being a selfish brat, I do. Are there things I wish I could go back and change from this year, heck yeah! Am I glad I did it? Yes. Did I just say yes? Yes. And that's the truth. That single yes weighs heavier in the balance than all the hurts of this last year, because bless his heart, I do love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment