About Me

My photo
Attempting to see the humor in every day.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yes, folks, She can be taught!

So, if its a problem, let's fix it...

My thought process: Okay, Houston, we have a problem. Step 1-contact the most qualified person to diagnose the problem. Step 2-cringe, sweat, swear and cry but then pay for repair, correction or solution to problem. Step 3-Feel loss at the amount the bank balance has dropped or how long I will have to keep paying for the fix. Step 4-Relief that the problem is fixed...aaaahhhh.

The Honduran's thought process: Problem? What is a problem. That's not a problem. Call a friend who has a friend that knows a guy who can fix problem real cheap.

Dilemma: North American thinking and Central American thinking do not blend well!

The past couple days I have learned that it is not going to be easy to submit to the Honduran's brand of problem solving. However, part of getting married is stepping out of the very comfortable, broken in pair of take care of myself shoes and into the tight, pinching, will need lots of practice to wear let him take care of me shoes. I see blisters in my future. I think I better hit up the Walgreens for a case of band-aids! I have a feeling this old dog is going to be learning lots of new tricks.

"Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants."

No comments:

Post a Comment