About Me

My photo
Attempting to see the humor in every day.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lost in Translation...

For weeks now the Honduran has been telling me about working for a particular customer. He says I am working for meester yays. Now, since I have discovered that he tends to eat the end of his words when he is speaking English I assumed that he was talking about a man named Mr Yates. This week I went over to visit him while he worked at meester yay's house, only to discover that Mr Yates is actually Mr Jay! When I pulled into the yard of a well known local artist, who's first name is Jay, I about wet my pants laughing. I recovered enough to get out of the car and wipe the tell-tale signs off my face before greeting the Honduran with a raidant grin. In retrospect I should have come to this conclusion ages ago because he calls all his clients by Mr or Mrs and their first names. It just didn't dawn on me! It's not the first time and won't be the last time that he has to repeat himself a million times until I catch on and say "oh...such and such" because I finally got the English word my poor baby was trying to say. Lord, clean out my ears! I really need one of those cool translator ear things from Star Trek. Think Best Buy has one?

No comments:

Post a Comment